By Igor B. Roninson, J. Martin Brown, Dale E. Bredesen
Addressing an important box of curiosity for oncologists, phone biologists, and different biomedical researchers, Beyond Apoptosis presents an summary of ways diversified organic mechanisms of mobilephone dying, senescence and mitotic disaster cease the expansion of tumor cells handled with anticancer agents.
Written by way of across the world well known participants, this article includes:
- morphological illustrations, in addition to a DVD containing files and videos from a variety of time-lapse microscopic stories of phone demise and mitotic catastrophe
- the position and barriers of apoptosis as a determinant of the toxicity of anticancer agents
- alternative mechanisms of the antiproliferative activities of anticancer medicines and radiation, resembling non-apoptotic telephone loss of life, mobile senescence, and mitotic catastrophe
- non-apoptotic different types of cellphone dying, comparable to necrosis, paraptosis, autophagic telephone loss of life, and others
- morphological and kinetic alterations of a few of the different types of phone death
Read or Download Beyond Apoptosis: Cellular Outcomes of Cancer Therapy PDF
Similar molecular biology books
The seriously acclaimed laboratory ordinary, equipment in Enzymology, is likely one of the so much hugely revered guides within the box of biochemistry. on the grounds that 1955, every one quantity has been eagerly awaited, usually consulted, and praised by way of researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence includes a lot fabric nonetheless suitable this day - really an important ebook for researchers in all fields of existence sciences
Organic membranes give you the primary constitution of cells and viruses. simply because a lot of what occurs in a phone or in a pandemic happens on, in, or throughout organic membranes, the learn of membranes has quickly permeated the fields of biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, and fabrics technology. The constitution of organic Membranes, 3rd version offers readers with an figuring out of membrane constitution and serve as that's rooted within the heritage of the sphere and taken to the vanguard of present wisdom.
Notch Signaling: equipment and Protocols makes a speciality of molecular, biochemical and bioinformatics points of Notch signaling. Chapters examine the Notch interactome, post-translational transformations of Notch, ligand binding assays, how to investigate proteolytic cleavage and transcriptional ambitions. Written within the hugely winning tools in Molecular Biology sequence structure, chapters contain introductions to their respective issues, lists of the mandatory fabrics and reagents, step by step, with ease reproducible laboratory protocols and key pointers on troubleshooting and averting recognized pitfalls.
- RNA Polymerase III Transcription
- Eukaryotic Transcription Factors,
- Biophysical, Chemical and Functional Probes of RNA Structure, Interactions and Folding: Interaction and Folding
- Genetic Recombination, Reviews and Protocols
- RNA Detection and Visualization: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology, Book 714)
Additional info for Beyond Apoptosis: Cellular Outcomes of Cancer Therapy
132. Giatromanolaki A, Sivridis E, Stathopoulos GP, et al. Bax protein expression in colorectal cancer: association with p53, bcl-2 and patterns of relapse. Anticancer Res 2001; 21(1A):253–259. 133. Lustosa SA, Logullo A, Artigiani R, et al. Analysis of the correlation between p53 and bcl-2 expression with staging and prognosis of the colorectal adenocarcinoma. Acta Cir Bras 2005; 20(5):353–357. 134. Rodel F, Hoffmann J, Grabenbauer GG, et al. High survivin expression is associated with reduced apoptosis in rectal cancer and may predict disease-free survival after preoperative radiochemotherapy and surgical resection.
The role of bcl-2, p53, and ki-67 index in predicting tumor recurrence for low grade superficial transitional cell bladder carcinoma. J Urol 2000; 163(3):758–760. 34 Wilson 119. Bhatavdekar JM, Patel DD, Ghosh N, et al. Coexpression of Bcl-2, c-Myc, and p53 oncoproteins as prognostic discriminants in patients with colorectal carcinoma. Dis Colon Rectum 1997; 40(7):785–790. 120. Baretton GB, Diebold J, Christoforis G, et al. Apoptosis and immunohistochemical bcl-2 expression in colorectal adenomas and carcinomas.
149. , Wei J, et al. BCL-2 and p53 expression in clinically localized prostate cancer predicts response to external beam radiotherapy. J Urol 1999; 162(1):12–16; discussion 16–17. 150. Bylund A, Stattin P, Widmark A, et al. Predictive value of bcl-2 immunoreactivity in prostate cancer patients treated with radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol 1998; 49(2): 143–148. 36 Wilson 151. Khor LY, Desilvio M, Li R, et al. Bcl-2 and bax expression and prostate cancer outcome in men treated with radiotherapy in Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocol 86–10.