By Jay F. Colinet, James P. Rider, Jeffrey M. Listak, John A. Organiscak, Anita L. Wolfe, Departmentof Health and human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Compiled by way of the U.S. Dept of healthiness and Human prone, CDC/NIOSH place of work of Mine defense and future health learn, this 2010 instruction manual used to be constructed to spot to be had engineering controls that may aid the decrease employee publicity to respirable coal and silica dirt. The controls mentioned during this instruction manual diversity from long-utilized controls that experience constructed into criteria to more recent controls which are nonetheless being optimized. The reason used to be to spot the simplest practices which are on hand to regulate respirable dirt degrees in underground and floor coal mining operations. This guide offers common details at the regulate applied sciences in addition to broad references.
Read Online or Download Best Practices for Dust Control in Coal Mining PDF
Similar mining books
The 1st extensive research of experience of position in American mining cities, this publication presents infrequent perception into the struggles and rewards of existence in those groups. David Robertson contends that those groups - frequently characterized in scholarly and literary works as derelict, as resources of debasing ethical effect, and as scenes of environmental decay - have a powerful and enduring experience of position and feature even embraced a number of the indicators of so-called dereliction.
As soon as regarded as area of interest expertise, operators at the present time are using extra possibilities with casing and liners as formations and environments develop in hassle, in particular with the radical oil and gasoline growth. Casing and liners for Drilling and Completions, 2d variation presents the engineer and good fashion designer with up to date info on serious houses, mechanics, layout fundamentals and most recent functions for today’s form of good.
The BTS Specification for Tunnelling has develop into the traditional rfile for tunnelling contracts, and types the foundation of tunnelling requisites for tasks during the international. The specification has been revised during this 3rd variation to mirror present top perform and to take account of the numerous advances within the box of tunnelling that have happened over the past decade.
- Minerals Handbook 1996–97: Statistics & Analyses of the World’s Minerals Industry
- Rock Mechanics for underground mining
- Disasters and minewater : good practice and prevention
- Wills' Mineral Processing Technology, Eighth Edition: An Introduction to the Practical Aspects of Ore Treatment and Mineral Recovery
- Mining Safety and Health Research at NIOSH: Reviews of Research Programs of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Extra info for Best Practices for Dust Control in Coal Mining
Mine Ventilation Symposium (October 12–14, 1987), pp. 85–89. EIA . Annual coal report, 2007. S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, DOE/EIA-0584 (2007), p. 17. French AG . The extraction of respirable dust from machines working on longwall faces. National Coal Board, Mining Research and Development Establishment, Proceedings of the European Economic Communities Conference on Dust Control, Luxembourg, pp. 57–93. Jankowski RA, Colinet JF . Update on face ventilation research for improved longwall dust control.
17. French AG . The extraction of respirable dust from machines working on longwall faces. National Coal Board, Mining Research and Development Establishment, Proceedings of the European Economic Communities Conference on Dust Control, Luxembourg, pp. 57–93. Jankowski RA, Colinet JF . Update on face ventilation research for improved longwall dust control. Min Eng 52(3):45–52. Jankowski RA, Kissell FN, Daniel JH . Longwall dust control: an overview of progress in recent years. Min Eng 28(10):953–958.
This method of cutting leaves the rock in place until it can be cut out to a free, unconfined space, which creates less respirable dust (especially silica dust) [Jayaraman et al. 1988]. Figure 4-11 shows the modified cutting cycle. —Modified cutting cycle can lower dust generation. 53 FACE VENTILATION The velocity and quantity of face ventilating air are important factors for controlling respirable dust exposure of the continuous miner operator. A good ventilation plan consists of sufficient mean entry air velocity to confine dust near the face and/or direct it toward the return entry with high enough quantity for diluting generated respirable dust.